Monday, January 10, 2011

Camp Harmony (Literary Focus, question 6 - Analyze)

6. Analyze Sone says the camp "was hopefully called Camp Harmony". Do you think the name is appropriate, or is it ironic? Support your answer with evidence from the text.

With me, Harmony sounds more likely to be positive, good things. But I don't think that is a good idea to name an Japanese internment camp with full of harsh lives and it sounds ironic. In the Internment Camps, the lives of Japanese American were encircling by the wire fences, they were not allowed to cross the wire fence because they have no rights.

" What was I doing behind the fences, criminal?" (from Monica Sone). The author meant that her family and other Japanese American had no rights in this camp. The food was bad,harsh physical environment, and Japanese American almost had no privacy in Camp Harmony. People in Camp Harmony was also had little spaces with alot of people in cafeteria/Canteen.

This internment camp should be called "Camp Discriminated". Because Japanese Americans were discriminated by the government just because they related to Japanese.

7 comments:

  1. Great job Joe. I really like the ending of your post where you said that the camp should be renamed to "Camp Discriminated" because I think it's creative to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work. I like the name "camp discriminated" to, and the pictures. Are they real?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tom: Yes, all are real!!!
    @ Dave: Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Done Joe, i really like your answer. The name wasn't really match the life that the people have suffer in that camp. "Camp Discrimminated" was a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey I like the name of the camp you create lol. And great job Joe, I also agree with you that that original name is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The camp above behind wire was in BELTON ROAD, HUYTON, LIVERPOOL14. I know this because I was born in number 29 on the 18th june 1943.





    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it was a long time since I visited my blog, thank you for noticing Edward. How do you recognize this camp?

    ReplyDelete